For further information, please call the Parish Office @ 575-44-9763***
RCIA meets every Wednesday @ 6:30 p.m. in the Religious Education Bldg.
RCIA stands for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and is the process through which one can, inquire/ learn about the Catholic Faith and then join the Church, or complete their Sacraments of Christian Initiation.
The RCIA is for three groups of people:
- Those who are not baptized.
- Those who were baptized into another Christian denomination and wish to enter into full communion with the Catholic Church.
- Baptized Catholics who were never formed in the Catholic faith and have not completed their initiation; that is, who have received neither of the sacraments of Confirmation and/or Eucharist.
RCIA consists of four periods of formation, which are marked by rituals that celebrate what has been completed and call a person into the next phase. There is no specific length of time for each period. The RCIA is a journey that "takes as long as it takes," according to each individual and "when they are ready."
- The Inquiry or Precatechumenate
- The Catechumenate
- The Lenten period of Purification and Enlightenment
- Mystagogy or a time of deeper understanding of the "mysteries"